We really care about putting the “custom” in “custom song” here at Songfinch. To fully capture your vision, we offer a variety of moods and genres, in addition to our 1300+ artists. Basically, we’re ready to make your perfect song. Here are all the ways you can customize it.
Choose your mood
Pull out the mood ring or look deep within, because you can choose up to two of any of the below moods to create your song.
- Heartfelt - Highlight your emotional moments, stories, and feelings in a sincere way.
- Comical - These songs highlight your funny stories and memories in a playful yet tasteful way.
- Romantic - This features emotionally intimate lyrics, often with a slower tempo.
- Reflective - Reflective songs focus on the past memories, stories, and details you provide.
- Uplifting - These songs highlight your messages of encouragement and inspiration.
- Somber - These songs use an emotional and serious tone, often with a slower tempo.
- Happy - Happy songs are bright, positive, and sure to bring a smile.
- Lighthearted - Lighthearted songs are fun, carefree, and whimsical, with a lively bounce.
Choose your genre
We currently offer seven different genres, but keep in mind our artists are true visionaries so they might be able to work in some genre-bending dreams if you’ve got ‘em.
Country - Three chords and the truth; music derived from or imitating the style of the Southern U.S, especially: popular vocal music characterized by simple harmonies, accompaniment by stringed instruments (such as guitar, fiddle, banjo, and pedal steel), repeated choruses, and narrative lyrics; emphasis on storytelling; sounds “American southern”; traditional country chord structures and progressions; idiomatic to traditional country styles as defined by famous country artists; traditional country production elements (steel guitar, dobro, fiddle, bends, slides, and all forms of twang); distinctive vocal delivery.
- Subgenres: southern rock, pop country, country crossover, outlaw country, traditional country, bluegrass
Singer-Songwriter - Covers a wide spectrum of stripped-down, self-accompanied music, typically with only a single acoustic guitar or piano; intimate; lyrics are deeply personal and utilize metaphors and analogies to accomplish detail-driven storytelling; the sound is typically sparse, direct, and reflective; material that brings you directly in touch with that person’s emotions; minimal instrumentation; emotional vocal delivery; emphasis on the strength of the song itself without needing much production to stand up.
- Subgenres: Mellow Gold, Tin Pan Alley Pop, Lilith, Americana
Acoustic Pop - Combines the catchy, memorable melodies and production techniques of pop music with acoustic instruments while maintaining an intimate and direct feel; hooky vocal chorus; polished pop melodies and vocal production; upbeat, catchy, top 40 style; driving energy; some sort of beat or pulse; needs to “sound” like a pop song but with way less production; should sound “familiar”.
- Subgenres: Viral pop, acoustic chill, bedroom pop, indie pop, art pop
Folk - Evolved from the 20th-century revival of traditional music in the 1960s and 1970s; acoustic-based music that spins everyday events and common people into mythic status; rustic vibes; more traditional instrumentation (mandolin, violin, ukulele, etc); rural, less emphasis on production quality; campfire-style; talkin’ blues.
- Subgenres: Folk-pop, folk-rock, traditional folk, contemporary folk, acoustic blues
Hip-Hop/Rap - Combinations of rapping/non-melodic singing (crooning) with rhythm-centric instrumentation; focus on hip-hop sampling and beats; emphasis on sampling/electronic instrumentation; rhythmic poetic vocals with an emphasis on cadence; strong hooks; thoughtful use of repetition; descriptive storytelling.
- Subgenres: Chill-Hop, trap, drill, old school, underground, Pop Rap, urban contemporary, boom bap, backpack
R&B - Soulful vocal delivery; gospel influence; hip hop influence; inspired by jazz; more emphasis on sampling/electronic instrumentation than acoustic; combines rhythm and blues with elements of pop, soul, funk; potentially pitch-corrected vocals (autotune as an instrument); drum machine-backed rhythms; smooth lush vocals; contemporary blues influence.
- Subgenres: pop soul, neo-soul, pop r&b, alternative r&b, chill r&b, trap soul
Rock - Guitar-driven arrangements and production (both acoustic and electric); full-band instrumentation including acoustic drums and electric bass; rhythm and lead guitars; driving vocal delivery; “rock band” instrumentation; characterized by a strong beat and the use of blues forms; may also include electric organ or electric piano.
- Subgenres: hard rock, pop-punk, soft rock, garage rock, indie rock, alternative, roots rock
Christian - Inspired by Christian faith; a variety of music focused on worship, praise, or biblical overtones, (both acoustic and electric).
- Subgenres: Contemporary Christian music, gospel, Christian rock, Christian hip-hop, Christian country
At no extra cost!
We’d never upcharge you for your music taste (unless it’s a really embarrassing one). No, no, I just decided again that we won’t. So pick your favorite genre, artist, and mood from these options with no fear of extra costs!